Wait Upon You - Song Story

 
 
The other week I preached a sermon in church about The Prayer of David (read the blog and get link to the audio here). Since then I have been reminded about a song that was featured on my debut worship album FLY called 'Wait Upon You'.
 

 
When I wrote the song, James Blunt was big in the charts with his song 'Beautiful'. I wanted to try to capture s bit of his style in this song, hence the guitar work. It is about a preparation of the heart, calling ourselves to be still, to worship, to know that He is God! The section where the verse and pre-chorus are sung together happened quite naturally. I stumbled across it while singing the song again and again. One section fitted on top of the other really well and it is also different to the 'normal' or 'standard' worship song sound so it pushed the boundaries a little.

Listen to song here!

Download and print free chord chart and lead sheet here!

Buy the song from iTunes here!

Wait Upon You

I am here to wait upon You
I am here to worship, to worship (x2)
 
Beginning and the end, the centre of it all
You're high above, high above
Clothed in majesty, angels all adore
The one I love, the one I love
 
Bright and morning star, lighten up the dark
God above, God above
'Till forever meets no end, You will never change
You're still the same, still the same
 
Wonderful, Beautiful


 
By Matt McChlery. Copyright (c) 2006 Faithseed Music, Admin by Song Solutions CopyCare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year