#AdventChallenge Day 8


Theme: Grubs Up!

Leviticus 19:9-10
'When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the Lord your God.'

My Challenge: Provide Food To Your Local Foodbank

Today I accepted the challenge to donate some food to my local Fooodbank which is the Wisbech Foodbank. It is quite handy that my wife is the secretary there so I was able to ask her which particular food items they were in most need of. So I bought some cans of tuna and a steak pie (in a tin!) and dropped them off at one of the collection points in town, which is inside the Oasis Bookshop on Norfolk Street.

If you would like to donate some non-perishable food items to the Wisbech Foodbank this advent, do check out the Foodbank website for information, shopping list ideas etc.

What I Learnt:
A small gesture can make a big difference. I am privileged to be able to eat well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year