Bad Blood


Today I had my consultant appointment.

Apart from general and expected side effects I am doing well. However my white blood cell count is down. This means that I have to take two of those bone marrow injections that I hate in the run up to me having my fifth chemo treatment on Thursday. As it is only 2 injections, I shouldn't experience the pain that comes after 4 successive ones.



As my count is so low my consultant wants me to take all 5 of the bone marrow I injections in my next cycle. The good news is that I will be allowed to split them in to 2 batches, 3 injections one week, then a break of a few days and then the final 2 injections the following week. This should alleviate the build up in my system which causes me pain.

My eyebrows and eyelashes are getting rather patchy these days. And hair loss is also being experienced in other unmentionable regions of my anatomy! I also have spells of pins-and-needles and numbness in various limbs, more so at night but it can also happen during the day.

As Thursday approaches I am trying to keep my mind on other things - we found out we are having a baby girl at Verity's scan last week, and we got the keys to our new house today! So hopefully this cycle I will be less plagued by negativity.

I have been booked in for another scan late September as by this time I will have completed my sixth and final cycle of chemo and the doctors want to check that all the tumors have gone. So prayers in the lead up to this would be most appreciated. I am hoping that things can start to get back to normal if I get the all clear.

I hope to update you on how Thursdays chemo session went but expect that will be sometime early next week as it usually takes a while for me to recover and get enough energy to write.

Thanks for reading and sharing this journey with me.

#2miraclesinthemaking

Comments

  1. Praying as always Matt. So glad to hear yours and Verity's news about your developing daughter and about the house. Do you need any help with activities to do with moving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for explaining things so we can pray with a little more understanding. We prayed for you and Verity and Katrina and the new baby at Pam and Alan's prayer meeting this morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not long to go now Matt when you finish your last chemo.
    The numbness is awful and the pins and needles I still have it in my feet and have been told it may be with me for good . You may have to watch where you walk as if you tread on an uneven surface and topple over. Still praying for a good outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle Blaxill23 August 2016 at 22:34

    Thinking of you Matt and thank you for sharing your journey with us....wishing for a clear bill of health for you.....they say it comes in three's........new house.....new baby and......a new you!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best Matt. So many people are praying for you and we all hope you hear more good news tomorrow. Much love from across the seas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished a week of prayer & fasting for you . I'll continue praying daily . Have heart . He loves you dearly ! Focus on His love though the going is tough. Jesus suffered on the cross He understands . When you feel negative remember your song ...Unashamed !
    Blessings to your family ! Claris

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always love reading the comments and thoughts of others. Please leave your comment in the section below. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year