Chemotherapy 5


On Thursday I had my fifth session of Chemotherapy. This leaves me with just one more to go! After my sixth cycle in September I have another scan booked so the doctors can assess how the treatment has gone and if my treatment can end for the time being.



Well this session of chemo went. It has made me feel as sick, lacking in energy and pumped full of toxins as my others have. My mental attitude was better in the lead up to it and has been better after it too, so thank you for praying about this.

It began with a tricky cannula insertion into the top of my left hand. I always hate this bit! And this time I was justified in my dread as the vein took a while to find. This sent my body into shut down mode and I had another fainting episode complete with moans and groans and nurses rushing around lifting my legs up. Incidentally this was the same hand I had my previous fainting episode during Chemotherapy 1.

After giving me a while to recover, the medication began. Near the beginning of the treatment they give you antihistamine to prevent allergic reactions. They always say that it can make you drowsy. Up until now I have not be too bothered by it, but this time I'm not sure if it was the antihistamine or the fainting or what, but I felt rotten, so I slept through pretty much of my entire treatment.

No vomiting episodes either, I a happy to report. In general I have been back on my feet a lot quicker than Chemotherapy 4 which took ages.

My bone injections start again tonight. I am allowed to have 3 this week, then have a break until the start of next week when I have to take he other 2 to complete the course. This break should hopefully help alleviate the pain of the bone ache. The doctor has also prescribed me extra pain medication to help me cope.

We move into our new house today! I am ensconced on the sofa at my in-laws house while family and friends are all rallying round doing the heavy lifting and moving. I do feel bad because I want to be doing it, I am just physically unable. I can't wait to get back to normal!

Although I have not been doing too much praying and Bible reading during this time, I have felt God close to me. He has prompted me to read a book in the Bible about a guy called Job who had an even rougher deal than I am currently experiencing. I am finding it interesting seeing the similarities and differences in my situation as compared to his and am drawing hope and strength from it. I will probably write another blog about it once I have finished reading it.

Thank you for all your ongoing support, prayers and words of encouragement during this time. I pray God will bless each of you.

Until next time.

#2miraclesinthemaking

Comments

  1. Well done Matt.
    It looks as though you have come through this one without any problems so pleased for you.
    Only one more to go and fingers crossed for your next scan and perhaps we will see you back at work soon God willing. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Blaxill30 August 2016 at 00:12

    Matt you are doing so well!! I love reading your blog.....gives me such a better understanding of what you are going through......so nice to hear that you and your family are moving into your new home!! I wish you all much happiness......new home! New baby! New you! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the blog is helping. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. I don't know why Matt but this blog has really touched me. Perhaps seeing some prayers being answered! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Matt! Just hang on in there and just think in a years time how different your life will be! Sorry we haven't been around to help you move house but it sounds like there's been plenty of help! Don't worry about telling God how you feel cos His strength is shown in our weakness. God knows all our anxious thoughts. Psalm 139. He is never surprised and he will turn it all to Good. You are in our thoughts and prayers! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad treatment is ending soon! We are praying for God to raise your immunity so that you will have strength more and more each day . Strength to enjoy your new home & new baby & be more than normal, empowered by Him to reach greater heights in your music ministry !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always love reading the comments and thoughts of others. Please leave your comment in the section below. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year