Faith in the Fog

Photo: 'Foggy Fenland' courtesy of talesfromswallowfarm.blogspot.co.uk
On Wednesday family and friends gathered together in our home for a time of prayer and thanksgiving. Organised by my wife, those from the local area squeezed into our lounge and those from further afield, notified by Facebook, also joined in with prayers from afar.



There was a prolonged time of prayer for healing for me from my cancer as well as thanks for getting me this far. At present we are 'in the fog' as far as answering the question 'Where do we go from here?' My planned course of chemotherapy has come to an end. I am due for a PET CT scan on Monday and then await the results which I will get on 1st November. So we are very much in a holding pattern as we wait for tests, scans and then decisions can be made as to next steps in November. So we also prayed about the next steps, asking Jesus to heal me completely - as this is something medical science can not do for my type of cancer as well as returning to work and 'normal' life. The elders of the church also anointed me with oil as the Bible instructs:

"Is anyone among you ill? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up." (James 5:14-15) 

Even in this time of 'fog', I have faith. I know that in the midst of uncertainty I can be certain in Christ. He is an unmovable and unchanging rock on which I can cling in times of doubt and darkness. Without Jesus I would be adrift and all at sea, and most probably drowning in the worry and stress of it all.

Messages have been flooding in from friends all over the world saying that they too were praying for me and my family. Your support and prayers mean so much - thank you.

We sing a song at church 'Still' that talks about God being a place of refuge and stability in amongst the uncertainties of life. Have a listen - I hope it encourages you.


#2miraclesinthemaking


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year