First Out-Of-Treatment Appointment


Last week I was back at King's Lynn Hospital, where I have been going for the past 3 or so years for my various cancer related treatments.

However this time was different. I needed to go to the regular Outpatients unit as I have now been discharged from the Hematology Unit.

I was a little unsure of myself - not quite sure where to go or what to do. It turned out I needed a blood test before my appointment, so I had to arrive early to have that done, then wait for my appointment to happen.

There were new nurses and a new doctor, so whereas I knew most people in the other unit, they were all unknown to me.

The appointment went very well. Other than the blood test all it was was a chat. We discussed timescales for when my wife and I could start trying for a third child. He also let us catch a glimpse of the longer term plan in as far as my treatment goes:

I will see him in this clinic once every 6 months for the next 5 years. Then after that I could remain seeing him once a year for the rest of my life, or I could be discharged altogether.

He told me that my kidney function was not 100% so this may affect some medications I may need in later life - the fact that he was talking about me reaching 'later life' was amazing!

He also mentioned that I had been given a slightly higher dose of chemotherapy due to my younger age and previous good health so he was hopeful that it may not return - ever!

So this is all good news.

Praise God.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year