Using Video Visuals as part of the Worship Experience?


I am wanting to try to use the medium of multi-media visuals more as part of the Worship Experience in our sunday services at KCW. I understand that the whole of the service is 'worship', this includes the Bible readings, testimonies, songs, music, the preaching and even the coffee break afterwards!

However, I think that at KCW, we can explore and make more effective use of the powerful medium of multi-media. I do want to be careful of using multi-media for its own sake, and stick to only using it when it will further enhance or add to the service as a whole.
%placeToCut
On Sunday, the theme of the sermon is 'The Disciples of Jesus' so I wan the songs I choose to feed into, or perhaps develop or punctuate the message. So I have decided to . . . .


use a short video that I have found on easyworship.com to help introduce the theme and get people thinking about how we too can be disciples of Jesus. Watch it here http://www.easyworship.com/minimovies/detail/product/37919/

I then hope to start sining the song 'When I Survey (The Wonderful Cross)' - Chris Tomlin's Remix of the old hymn by Isaac Watts.

This song, although mainly about Jesus's sacrifice, contains some fabulous lyrics that talk about our response - to follow him, to be a disciple! For example:

"Bids me come and die, and find that I may truly live" and "love so amazing so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all" fits with the discipleship theme well.

What do you think about using mulit-media visuals and videos as part of a Sunday service? Have you had any successes or do you have words of warning? Please join the discussion and leave your comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year