Worship and Mission



It was in November that I attended the last Worship Academy Weekend. Yet again it was a spirit-filled yet challenging time. The main theme was worship & mission and how the two are inseperable. Basically, if your worship is of any value, it's got to go beyond the walls of the church, to reach out into a world of desperate need. Worship & mission, although they often exist in tension, need to both be present. Since that weekend, God has shown me opportunities to pray for others. What I mean by this is random people on the streets or at work, but each time I did not go through with it . . .

I'm greatful that God is revealing opportunities for me to tell others about him in my everyday life, and I pray he continues to do so. But I wanted you to know that I find it hard! Often you may read a blog or a book or article by someone involved in ministry and you read of all their fabulous exploits for God, healings, miracles, people being saved! That's wonderful, but often I feel we begin to view these people as super-human. So I'm wanting to be open and transparent with you and tell you that, I GET SCARED!

There is a fear that comes over me when the opportunity to pray for someone on the street or at work presents itself. I want to honour God and obey his promptings, and I hope that mostly I do, but there are times when potential conflict or rejection is possible when I do feel afraid and that fear prevents me from going through with it. I am praying that God helps me to overcome this fear and that one day soon I will have the courage to pray for those random people on the streets when God prompts me to. But I also want to encourage those who feel inadequate and 'not up to the job' of walking with God - Keep going! Don't give up! Walk the journey step by step and God will lead you to where he wants you to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year