Song Spotlight: Always and Forever


I first heard this song in Zimbabwe over a decade ago! It was during the time that I had just been introduced to Ryan Baker-Barnes in our home town of Marondera. Little did I know that we would still be freinds today and continuing to write songs together!

This song started off as 'Ryan's baby'. He had written the verses - I liked the simplicity of the concept and at the time he had some original lyrics that included 'landscapes burn and people turn'. but some years later he revised these as they were quite obscure and it was not very obvious what they were refering to, even though they sounded quite poetic.

I liked the song, but felt it needed a chorus to help hold it together more comfortably as well as add interest and variation to the melody from time to time. So I added the chorus and Ryan liked it.

As far as I know, this song has never been recoreded on a CD but through the wonders of the internet, churches in various countires around the world have played it. If you would also like to use it in your church, that's great! The song is registered with CCLI to help you to use it in your church legally, anywhere in the world. You can also find the chord chart for free on my website, or by clicking the link here.



Always and Forever

Jesus I'll always be Yours
Jesus I'll always be Yours
Your rescued me for eternity
Jesus, I'll always be Yours

Jesus You'll always be mine
Jesus You'll always be mine
Your were my sacrifice, You paid the price
Jesus, you'll always be mine

Always and forever
I am Yours and You are mine
Always and forever
Until the end of time


written by Ryan Baker-Barnes and Matt McChlery
Copyright (c) 2005 Revival Fires Music and Faithseed Music. Admin by Song Solutions Copycare



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year