Sunday Setlist - 18th August 2013


It has been a while since I posted my setlist - so thought I would remedy that now!

The sung element of our worship service yesterday (Sunday) went well - despite the keyboard being accidentally unplugged during the first song and a guy from the tech team rushing about trying to fix the problem (these things do happen)!

 

The Song Selection Process


It was difficult to choose songs to fit with the theme of the sermon 'Jesus is a Better High Priest' taken from the book of Hebrews. So instead I chose songs that were on my heart, after praying about it. It worked out well, as when people began to share about what God was doing in their lives a common theme emerged: 'Jesus is my strength, my help in times of trouble. We can face tomorrow with confidence because we know Jesus'. I did have to 'skip' a song in the list as it did not fit with what the Holy Spirit was doing and jump to a song that did. As a result I will only be mentioning the songs we actually used in my list below.

Other things I tried to consider whilst selecting the songs were:

1) Offering Sunday - we take an offering as part of our worship service once a month. So I chose a song to suit this occasion. The old hymn 'Take My Life' with the added chorus by Chris Tomlin worked very well. It does mention giving our 'silver and our gold' but more than that it encapsulates giving our whole selves, our whole lives to God's service.

2) Trying to include some older songs - I often sing mostly new material in my setlists. However I recognise this does not serve the whole congregation. Some like the old stuff and this really does help them to worship and engage better. So from time to time I do try to include a couple of older songs in the setlist. This week I chose an up-beat version of  'Doxology' and an old hymn 'Take My Life' that includes a modern twist.

The Setlist

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow - E (Andy Piercy & Dave Clifton)
Blessed Be Your Name - A (Capo 2 - G) (Matt Redman)
Because He Lives - G (William J Gaither, Gloria Gaither)
Take My Life - D (Frances Havergal. Additional Chorus by Chris Tomlin, Louie Giglio)
10, 000 Reasons / Bless The Lord O My Soul - E (first chord is an A) (Matt Redman, Jonas Myrin)
 
  • So what did you sing?
  • What worked / did not work?
Please leave comments below. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year