Leaders and Relationships



A church-planting mentor and friend of mine, now based in Berlin recommended  'Keep Your Love On' by Danny Silk as an amazing book for leaders (and absolutely any one else involved in a relationship of any kind for that matter) to read. A few clicks later and the postman had dropped the book on my doormat.

'Keep Your Love On' (KYLO) certainly delivered. A well balanced mix of common sense and sound revelation built on years of experience gives a solid bedrock of relationship advice that can be applied to any situation. I was amazed by the simplicity and wisdom of some of the advice as well as being able to see how it may all work in practice.

As with any book like this that provides a lot of theory (although there are practical examples included too) reading and understanding it is the easy part. Putting it into practise in real life is the challenge! However, it is possible to do so. I have already used some of the ideas and processes in a few of my relationships and it has helped to reduce conflict and decrease stress as well as enhance more effective communication.

This is definitely a book that I will keep coming back to again and again until the principles it teaches are fully embedded in my life and I am able to keep my love on in all the various relationships I have with different people.

If you are a leader, or in fact anyone else involved in a relationship of any kind (that is pretty much everyone on the planet!) I highly recommend you get hold of a copy of this book. It will transform your relationships!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year