Song Spotlight: Jesus, Hope For The Nations

Photo Credit: (c) Copyright Colin Smith and licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons License 
Last week I received my royalty statement. I do find it fascinating the journey some songs take - far beyond my imaginings. In the report it itemises which countries have reported use of your song in various ways, such as singing, recording, words displayed etc.

It is also interesting to see which songs people have chosen to sing. Quite often those I think are great do not have much 'airplay' whilst others have taken off that I would have never expected! Today's song spotlight is on one of these songs.

'Jesus Hope For The Nations' was written some years back whilst I was on holiday on the small island of Jersey in the Channel Islands. A relative of mine had lent me his Apple Mac computer and I was experimenting with 'Garage Band' and came up with the song. I suppose my trip to the island had instilled a vision and heart-cry for the nations. Also having recently left the turbulent situation in my native country Zimbabwe, a cry for the nations was beating in my heart.

This song always surprises me in the royalties report as it is one of my most sung and used songs, and has travelled to the USA, Canada and even Singapore! It has never been professionally recorded but does have a page on my website, so I guess this is how people are finding out about it.

Have a listen to it below. Click here to get the free chord chart so you can sing it in your church too!




Jesus Hope For The Nations
CCLI Number: 5109661
Jesus, hope for the nations’

Freedom and liberty
Jesus, Your blood has spoken
Mercy now covers me

     Jesus, Jesus, Jesus You’re holy

     Jesus, Jesus, Jesus You’re worthy

Jesus, Your name is unchanging

Its power will always remain
Jesus, Your love is unending
You shower it over me

Jesus, my hope and salvation

Your Word still speaks to me
Jesus, my tongue is confessing
That You are Lord of me

Written by Matt McChlery

Copyright © 2005 Faithseed Music. 
Adminsitered by Song Solutions CopyCare 14 Horsted Square, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 1QG, United Kingdom.

Related Posts

Song Spotlight: Wonderful Counsellor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year