#AdventChallenge Day 2


Theme: My Local Community

Leviticus 19:18
"Love your neighbours as yourself"

My Challenge:
Send Christmas cards to the neighbours you don't know

So today I wrote 3 Christmas cards to post through the letter boxes of my neighbours houses. I also included a Bible verse sticker about part of the Christmas Story that The Bible Society gives away to help my random act of kindness to have some Biblical impact too.

The first I gave to my immediate neighbour. We hardly speak, only when she needs to hold her dog so I can get past with my bin. The second I gave to a neighbour just over the street. She stops and says hello in town and we have awkward chats, but I don't know her name and I don't know what her husband looks like. The third I gave to another neighbour just over the street. I have no idea who they are or even if they speak English.

If I do get any responses, or if one of these cards start a conversation I will let you know in the comment section below.

Thanks for reading - can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

#AdventChallenge


What I Learnt:
It is important to engage with the community around you -and this will take effort



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year