D'em Bones!


Wow - Friday was a day of pain!

I took my fourth GCSF injection to stimulate my bone marrow on Thursday evening. Based on past experience, the fourth injection causes the pain. This one did not disappoint! Friday was a day of pain. In fact I think it was the most painful it has ever been. I was totally incapacitated on the sofa popping painkillers like sweets. At one point in the afternoon even the sofa was too painful to sit on, so I went and lay in bed for a few hours - if I didn't move the pain subsided a little.


The bone ache was centred around my chest and lower back. The chest pain making it difficult to breathe at times. When it gets really bad, the pain comes in waves along with your pulse - these were the times that made me moan and groan the most. Poor Verity, she hates hearing the painful moaning!

In fact the pain was so bad and so debilitating that I refused to take the fifth injection on Friday night. Enough was enough! The injections are to stimulate my bone marrow to begin to produce anti-bodies to help protect me from infection (and a possible week in hospital). A sign that the injections are working is the bone ache. I had ached enough, so I am sure the bone marrow has been stimulated enough. I have been keeping a close eye on my temperature and that is stable, so no signs of infection.

This meant that I was in a reasonable enough state to go with Verity and Katrina, my 2 year old, to the fair on Saturday afternoon and enjoy watching her go on the 'spinny spinny' as she calls the rides. That to me is much more like living life than lying in a bed and moaning!

This is a song I have been singing through this time - it even mentions bones, so is quite appropriate!


#2miraclesinthemaking

Comments

  1. Glad your bone marrow injections are helping your immunity to be built up. Last week I learnt that my cousin's only grandson was afflicted with osteosarcoma & he is just 12 years old ..it has now become so bad he's only on morphine, on special wheelchair because of the unbearable pain . And the Doctors have no cure. He cried out to God but is saddened as he received no answer. I've just had a session of quietness & prayer with fasting with his only grandpa who is a Christian . Thank you for sharing this song Dry Bones . I hope to share it with him soon .
    I'm still praying for you & will start another fast next week ! I've read that fastiing intensifies prayer . But I think it puts God first before our needs too. Apart from the fact
    that Jesus practised it . But don't you fast my Brother in Christ ! I take it as a privilege to be able to do it for you.
    Thank you for sharing for His glory! Rom 8:28

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the continued encouragement and prayers. They really do lift my spirits and help to keep me focused on Jesus.

      Delete
    2. So sorry to hear about your cousin's grandson. I will pray for him.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I always love reading the comments and thoughts of others. Please leave your comment in the section below. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year