After Hours Live


I had a fantastic time playing at After Hours Live in Wisbech on Friday night. The venue of Octavia's Cafe was extremely friendly and comfortable and the audience was very receptive. I also had fun preparing for this event - being an outreach event which introduces the concept of faith and Jesus in a relaxed and non-treatening way as well as being a good night of fun and entertainment. o my set list stretched me a little, moving me to some less familiar ground of secular songs such as U2's 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For', Coldplay's 'Yellow' and Oasis' 'Wonderwall'. I particularly enjoyed singing David Grey's 'Cannonball' - a real songwriters song that uses words and play on words so cleverly and effortlessly.

I also rediscovered some older songs of mine that I enjoyed singing again - some of them had their first outing in public on Friday! 'Questioning' was written from the point of view of someone who is interested in finding out more about Christianity. I wrote it during a phase where I was imitating styles and sounds of otehr bands I enjoy - so this song is supposed to be a sound-a-like of the Dave Matthew's Band. I also sung another older song called 'I Can't Get Over You' which is a love song to Jesus (although I hope mot too much of a Jesus-is-my-boyfriend type of song as those kind of grate me). This one is supposed to ne a Lifehouse sound-a-like.

Everyone who came seemed to enjoy the evening and I appreciated them coming along. Thanks everyone!

You can view more photos from the night on my website here: http://www.mattmcchlery.com/photos.php?view=thumbnailList&category=15

Comments

  1. Once again another great night at the Octavia Cafe's After Hours thank you Matt.
    I urge all of you to attened at least one of the shows you will not be disapointed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always love reading the comments and thoughts of others. Please leave your comment in the section below. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year