When things get even harder!


For those who follow this blog, you will know that 2016 has not been an easy year for my wife and I. From grief and tragedy to the highs of hope and joy - and crashing back down again. This seems to be the cycle of our lives right now and it's stuck on repeat!

Continuing in the vein of being open and honest with our lives and being open and vulnerable with those we lead in church, yesterday we let people know our latest news: My wife and I are expecting our second child, and I have just been diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma (cancer). It is indeed bitter-sweet, but we know that through ALL things Jesus will be glorified and that he can turn ALL things for the good of those who love him.


As some of our friends have said already - we see two miracles in the making! This is indeed what we are praying for! I will be posting updates of our journey on this blog as well as twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #2miraclesinthemaking if you want to keep abreast with what is happening as well as to see what our amazing God is doing through it all.

I don't want this blog to become a depressing chronicle of my life but I do believe that it is important for Christian leaders to model humility and authenticity even if it means people get to see you at your lowest point and in your most pain. There is joy in the pain. There is hope in the tears. God is in control!

On a positive note, God has released a new creativity within me in the midst of all this and I have already written 3 songs with more on the way! God's not done with me yet! I will be updating my website with them once I have done some demo recordings and videos in a few weeks time.

Thanks for reading.

#2miraclesinthemaking

Comments

Post a Comment

I always love reading the comments and thoughts of others. Please leave your comment in the section below. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year