#AdventChallenge Day 1


Today is 1st December and Advent has begun. A couple of weeks ago I signed up to the Bible Society's #AdventChallenge 2016. Today I opened the first virtual window of my advent calendar online and in it I found three challenges to choose from for me to do today.

Theme: giving and generosity
Acts 20:35
"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive' "  

My Challenge: Take some flowers to a nursing home

I am pleased to say that I managed it! Quite nervous when ringing the doorbell, but the nurse I spoke to was very pleasant, However, when asked if there was any particular reason why I was doing this I was unsure if I should tell them about the Advent Challenge as they may feel I 'had' to do this rather than it being a random act of kindness so I didn't. However my wife thinks I should have - what do you think I should have done? Comments below please.

What I Learnt:
A gift is supposed to cost you something, whether it is time, effort or money.
If it doesn't it is a worthless and empty gesture. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snot and Tears

Are You a F.A.T Leader?

Worship Setlist for the New Year